01. What is Western Union?
“Western Union Financial Services” Inc. is the leading company of money transfer services worldwide. Primarily known for telegraph service, Western Union started to offer electronic money transfer in 1871. There are over 500.000 Western Union agencies in 200 countries worldwide.
02. Who can use Western Union Money Transfer?
Anyone who needs to send money safely and quickly can use Western Union.
03. Do I need to have a bank account to use the Western Union Money Transfer Service?
To use Western Union it is not necessary to have a bank account, nor a credit card. For safety circumstances the sender must submit valid identification at all times.
04. What currency can be used for the Western Union services?
This depends on the country where the transfer is being processed. For further information please contact the Customer Service Centre of Western Union in the relevant state.
05. How can I send money via a Western Union agency?
Sending money is easier than ever:- Just go to the nearest agency that offers Western Union Money Transfer and fill out the form “Send Money”.
NOTE: This service may not be available in all agencies of Western Union.
- Submit the completed form, the amount that you will send the relevant Receiver information.
- Present a valid identification document.
- The Western Union Agency operator records your data in the system. The operator will give you a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) and a copy of the form.
- Call the receiver and communicate the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) and the amount sent.
06. How can I send money via phone or internet?
You need to be equipped with U.S. credit card to send money via phone or internet. If you want to send money via phone in England, call UK Fexco and the operator will inform you about all the transfer operations. If you want to send money via Internet click here.
Attention! These services may not be valid in all states.
07. What is the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) and why is it needed?
The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) is a number appointed by the Western Union system which is provided to you by the Western Union operator. It is necessary to control your transaction at all times, even when the transfer is made by phone or internet. You can even check the transaction process via the internet. Click Here
The Sender must communicate this number to the Receiver in order for the Receiver to withdraw the money at the nearest agency.
08. How can I find the nearest agency of Western Union?
In order to find the nearest Western Union Agency, you can visit the website of Western Union to check Agency locations in Albania and worldwide. You may also call Western Union Customer Services in the country you life and you will immediately be informed about nearest location.
09. How can I pay for my transfer via Western Union?
All transfers processed by Western Union are paid in cash. Transfers via telephone or transfers online are made by credit card.
10. How can I find the nearest agency of Western Union?
In order to find the nearest Western Union Agency, you can visit the website of Western Union to check Agency locations in Albania and worldwide.
You may also call Western Union Customer Services in the country you live and you will immediately be informed about the nearest location.
11. How can I withdraw money at Western Union?
This is a very simple process:
- Just go to the nearest agency of Western Union, fill out the form “Receive Money” and enter the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
- Indicate on the form the amount that you will receive, the sender’s name and place where the transaction originated from.
- Present a valid identification document.
- Within a few minutes Western Union operator will give you the money and a copy of the form “Receive Money”.
12. In what form is the money delivered to the recipient?
Money transfers will normally be paid in cash, but some agents may pay by check or by a combination of both of them.
All payments are subject to availability and conditions of the Western Union paying agency. In limited circumstances, transfers of cash payments may be subject to local taxes and / or service fees.
13. What exchange is used by Western Union in money transfers?
Besides the transfer fees applicable in each transaction, the exchange rate set by Western Union is applied as well. The money and transfer fees that Western Union (or its agents) gain when it exchanges your money in a foreign currency may vary based on the currency of payment you choose. Some Western Union Agents may offer Recipients choosing to withdraw money in a currency different from what you have chosen. In these cases, Western Union (or its agents) can earn extra money when they exchange your funds into the currency selected by the recipient. If you choose a different payment currency, from the currency of the country in which you have sent the money, the currency of payment you choose may not be able at all points of Western Union agents. In such case, the paying agent may pay all or a part of your transfer in the local currency.
14. Does the recipient pay any kind of fee for receiving the money?
No. The sender pays all fees’ services.
15. How can I be informed that the Receiver has taken the money?
Please click here and check the status of your transfer.
What is the schedule of the Western Union operating hours?
Any Western Union Agent sets the schedule according to specific conditions of the country where it operates. However, many agents work extra hours throughout the week and weekend offering convenient schedules.
17. What are the benefits of using Western Union for your money transfers?
- SAFETY: The transfer is protected by a high security system of international standards.
- SPEED: You can send and/or receive money within minutes.
- RELIABILITY: The money is paid only to a person designated by you (the Recipient). Western Union also provides that the transfer will be available to be paid or otherwise will sent it back to the sender. For further information you may call the Customer Service Centre.
- FACILITIES: No need to have a bank account, checks, or deposits. You can use phone or internet. The wide network of Western Union Agencies can be found very easily.